S Gauge - American Flyer - Loco Storelivepages::jquery();?>
Lionel S-Gauge sets and locomotives are approximately 1:64 scale and are sold under the name American Flyer®. Lionel S-Gauge track (AF FasTrack®) is narrower than O, has two rails and supports American Flyer and other S-Gauge cars. Lionel recommends S-Gauge for train hobbyist and collectors who prefer a scale smaller than our Traditional O-Gauge or O Scale line.
- Based on classic American Flyer® designs
- Approximate scale proportions
- Easy to control lights, sounds, and smoke
- Very accessible products to customers
- Ready-to-Run sets are Traditional S-Gauge, and contain everything a customer needs to run their train in minutes – train set, oval of track, and, power supply.
- Lionel launched a new remote system for engines in 2015 under the FlyerChief™ umbrella. These are new sets with enhanced sound, long distance controls, AC/DC Compatible and are easy to set-up and operate
- To allow customers to continue to add product, Lionel sells specialty track products, rolling stock.
- Higher-end products
- Larger than Traditional S-Gauge products since they are more true to 1:64 scale proportions
- Contains more detail with separately applied parts
- Engines have sophisticated electronics such as the Lionel LEGACY™ Control System , Lionel RailSounds® , and Digital Command Control (DCC)
- Geared towards collectors and sophisticated hobbyists
- Optional Kadee coupler mounting pads